Purchase My Stock Photos from Dreamstime

Stock Images

Monday, December 10, 2012

27

A penlight in hand in this world of darkness
Fumbling through life fighting ghosts and demons
Searching for truth surrounded by deceit
Looking for an escape while under lock and key

Thunder and lightning grey skies fill my horizon
For a little time I was given to believe I was found
Foolish me for thinking I could enjoy some relief
And now I sit here about t undertake the deed

Cancel my subscription to the human race
Open my mind and inject my veins
On a path I walk to find a heaven
Shoulda done this when I was 27

From a scratchy record I listen to the three jays sing
Now an eerie calmness screams out from their graves
Embrace your calling surrender to the given
Shoulda done this when I was 27.


Copyright 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment